Thursday, November 6, 2008

There are no words...

for both how proud I am of the Electorate and how proud I am to be a part of the Electorate.

We have spoken.  And in doing so, shown that we are both individually and collectively ready to take the next step in social and political evolution.  When I heard President-Elect Obama's victory speech.  I was very touched by the lack of ego that I heard.  The essence that I got was that this was indeed a great and historic day, but now the work for ALL OF US really begins.  I feel a sense of responsibility as a citizen that I must admit has been lacking for a good part of my adult life.

I have heard my Father talk about Kennedy.  I have heard him talk about how Kennedy made him want to help this country.  I have heard him talk about how Kennedy defined what it meant to be patriotic.

I think I may finally understand what he was talking about.   

No comments: